Zeiss AxioObservor Z1 Epifluorescence Microscope
• The LGCP Microscopy Core Facility has two Carl Zeiss AxioObservor Z1 inverted microscopes used for phase contrast, DIC, and fluorescent imaging.
• The microscopes are equipped with either an AxioCam MRm monochrome camera or an AxioCam 506 color camera.The available objectives include a Fluar 5x/0.25, an N Achroplan 10x/0.25 Ph1, an LD Plan Neofluar 20x/0.4 Ph2, an LD Plan Neofluar 40x/0.6 Corr Ph2, an EC Plan Neoflaur 40x/1.3 Oil DIC, and a Plan Apochromat 63x/1.4 Oil DIC.
• Filter cubes installed on the microscopes allow for up to four color imaging using DAPI, GFP, Cy3, and Cy5.
• Stage inserts allow imaging of live or fixed cells in multiwell plates, or dishes up to 10cm.
• Images are acquired and analyzed using Carl Zeiss Zen Blue software.
Olympus VivaView FL Incubator Fluorescence Microscope
• Provides a fully integrated and motorized inverted microscope to allow high quality, long-term time-lapse imaging in a constant and optimized environment, including hypoxia.
• Equipped with a UPLSAPO40x objective with intermediate 0.5x/1x/2x magnification.
• Multiple locations in up to 8 samples can be imaged simultaneously with fluorescence (DAPI, GFP, DsRED) or differential interference contrast (DIC).
• Multi-gas capability allows control of O2 levels as well as CO2.
• Time lapse images are acquired and analyzed using Olympus Metamorph software.