Welcome to the CCR Microscopy Core Facility! Building 37, Room B114, Bethesda, MD
Operating Status – Open (with some restrictions)
Covid-19 Safety and Updated Microscopy Core Operating Guidelines
- If you are experiencing or showing any potential Covid-19 symptoms please do not use the facility.
- Masks are optional for users and staff when NIH Main Campus workplace community level is LOW or MEDIUM and required when HIGH. Gloves are optional.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entryways/exits of the microscopy lab.
- Microscopy core staff will continue to disinfect the microscope surfaces with alcohol wipes before each user.
- Adhere to signs stating that this is a shared user facility, and that commonly touched surfaces are a possible Covid-19 transmission danger.
- A short refractory period of 15 minutes between microscope appointments will remain to allow for exchange of microscope room air.
- Used PPE (i.e., used gloves and masks) should be disposed of in provided trash containers in the hallways outside of the individual microscope rooms.
- Two sessions per day will be available for each microscope (9am-12:30pm and 1pm-5pm). Overnight imaging reservations are available with advanced notification. Once the microscopy core is fully staffed (staff returning from full time teleworking) the reservation calendar will be less restricted.
CCR Microscopy Core