Jan Wisniewski, Ph.D.
EIB Microscopy and Digital Imaging Facility
• Dr Wisniewski received his Ph.D. from the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
• After postdoctoral training at the University of Calgary and NCI, Bethesda, he conducted research at biotech companies in Canada, NCI and Janelia Research Campus, HHMI.
• He joined the Experimental Immunology Branch in the summer of 2018 to oversee the operations of its microscopy facility.
• Dr. Wisniewski expertise spans advanced confocal and widefield microscopy techniques, PALM/STORM, STED and diffraction-based 3D MFM (multifocus) microscopy, single-molecule and live cell imaging, use of photoconvertible fluorescent proteins in pulse-chase experiments in single cells, photochemistry of fluorophores etc.
• His interests include development of custom microscopy systems and use of innovative devices to improve performance of microscopes.